Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Soundtrack of my life

Today, as Danny and I embarked on yet another early morning shoe search, I listened to myself say to him, "See, this is why I tell you to put your shoes away every day.  You need to listen to me!"

And I realized, I repeat myself all day long.  Then, I wondered if there were a way for me to be more efficient, so I could save my energy for more important things, like watching reruns of "Dr. Who."

In that vein, I decided to record the following phrases and just play them on an endless loop all day for the kids.

I'll be in my room watching Netflix, if you need me.

~~Put your shoes on.
~~Well, where did you leave your shoes last night?
~~Why didn't you put your shoes away, like I told you to?

~~Quit hitting your brother.
~~Quit sitting on your sister.
~~Quit licking me.

~~Please, everyone just be quiet!
~~ STOP YELLING!!

~~Hang up your coat.

~~Put your shoes away.
~~Everyone get in the car.
~~Get in the car, guys!
~~Get in the car NOW or you'll be in trouble.

~~Don't even think about ________.

~~Eat your dinner.
~~Eat your lunch.
~~Eat your breakfast.
~~Please, please eat some veggies or fruit.
~~No, you cannot have popsicles for breakfast.
~~Hey, who left this half-eaten popsicle on the floor?

~~Stop peeling your sister's face with the potato peeler.
~~Quit smothering your brother with your gross blanket!

~~Do your homework.
~~FOCUS!
~~No computer time til you do homework.
~~No computer until you go outside and play.
~~You have to clean your room to get any computer time.
~~

~~Listen to me!

~~WHERE ARE YOUR SHOES?
~~Put your dirty clothes in the hamper.

~~Stop smelling my butt!
~~No!  Biting my butt is NOT funny!
~~Hands off my butt, already!

~~Wait for me!
~~Stop running!

~~No more screaming!  Inside voice, please.
~~INSIDE VOICE!!!!
~~Sorry, sorry.  Yes, you're right, mommy did yell.  Sorry.

~~Where are your #@$!% shoes?
~~Hurry up!  We're late!
~~Forget about it.  Just go barefoot!

~~Ugh.  You guys are killing me.  Do you WANT me to go crazy?

~~Stop picking your nose.
~~Please don't eat the boogers.  Ugh!

~~Where are your clothes??  Why are you naked?
~~No, you cannot go to the library in your pajamas.
~~Who peed on the floor?!?!?!?!

5 comments:

Bec Oakley said...

Can I get a copy of that tape? :) You should make an app for this... ka-ching! Thanks for the laugh.

Jim said...

You should probably songify it.

Mom2LittleMiss said...

Can I get a copy of your playlist? I soo need it!

Kath said...

I am falling out of my chair right now!! Just yesterday I told my boys I was going to record myself because I repeated myself all day. Then I demonstrated on my imaginary iPod, how I could play my voice over and over. We all laughed at my joke, but I wasn't entirely kidding... Thanks for the belly laugh! And Jim has an idea there, Autotuning it would be hilarious!

Anonymous said...

Right here is the right blog for everyone who really wants to
find out about this topic. You realize so much its
almost tough to argue with you (not that I really would want to…HaHa).

You definitely put a new spin on a topic which has been written about for
ages. Wonderful stuff, just great!
Feel free to visit my weblog :: electronic delivery