Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Mall Bangs

Gretchen, at Second Blooming, has decided to embarrass all the Spin Cycle participants; she made the topic hair and has specifically requested Big Hair Pictures. As it turns out, this was not a difficult assignment for me.

I embraced the 80s wholeheartedly. Pictures of my hair can attest to that. I spent many hours applying the better part of a can of Aquanet hairspray to my spiral permed hair before going out at night. For years, my curling iron was encrusted with a thick layer of melted hairspray, gel and mousse.

Check it out. I'm the one on the right with the reddish hair. Like the outfit?





And here is my glorious senior picture. I can't believe I am even posting this. I'm sure a good part of the hole in the ozone layer was created on the day this picture was taken.



Since my teens, I have been on the hunt for the perfect hairstyle, convinced if I could just find the cut for me, my life would be transformed. I have spent more time than I care to admit, scouring hairstyle magazines and grilling family and friends about how I should get my hair cut.

After many years of polling, my friends and family are sick of it. Every time I open my mouth, now, my sister says, "I don't care about your bangs!"

So, instead of being an adult and just making a decision, I thought I'd ask your opinion instead.

I'm growing my hair out from this style (I'm the one in the middle slouching)



to this style (I'm the one on the right, but if you mistook me for my daughter, I could hardly blame you. We're like twins, right?)  


But, here's the thing: I'm sick of growing it out.  I can't decide if I should give up and keep my hair short and spiky or grow it back out to a shortish bob.

What do you think?

Please help me. I just know if I get the exact right cut, I'll magically lose 35 pounds and life will be infinitely better, just like in the shampoo commercials.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Check out the Spin Cycle for other posts about hair!






Second Blooming

6 comments:

gretchen said...

THose are some SERIOUS bangs! Gravity defying! I can't tell you how much I appreciate your bravery for the sake of the Spin!

I love both of the new haircuts. I think either length is great for you. But if one has the edge, I'd say the shorter/spikier. Too cute.

You are linked!

Michelle Marks said...

Patti,
Love those bangs and remember them well! I love short and spiky, it fits your fun personality and spicy attitude. Let me know how the magical weight loss works out,I may just chop off the rest of my hair as well!

Stacy Uncorked said...

You were a true artist with those bangs! I could never get mine to stand up like that, no matter how much hairspray I used! ;)

I think short and spiky suits you so well (well, they both do, but the short/spiky one exudes fun). :) Yet another cut I was never able to pull off...you're my hero! :)


Spinning Up Some Hella Hair

Sprite's Keeper said...

I like the way you have it now. And yes, you have identical smiles! Beautiful!

Lizbeth said...

I like the way it is in the last picture.

And yeah I have those pictures too. All I can say is, AquaNet.

Spectrummy Mummy said...

Great photos. My vote is for short and spiky! If I didn't so much look like my dad then I'd join you, but I need all the hair I can get. :)