Monday, October 10, 2011

It's the Great Pumpkin







I've been a bit stressed lately. Stressed about Danny's school situation (he's struggling with learning and getting decent grades and focusing), stressed about Tommy (who screams dozens and dozens of times a day. I wonder if this is a behavior problem or something more sinister, like the "A" word), and stressed about money and how to make it stretch just a bit further.

When I realized that we had a four-day weekend coming up for the kids, I decided that we needed to take one day and just have fun as a family. So, we went to this amazing pumpkin patch about an hour from our town. And here is what we did:






Tommy got filthy rolling around in the dirt with his Thomas trains.





Rainbow of gourds



This outing was hugely successful and full of tons of popcorn, lemon shakeups and ice cream. And it was worth every dime we spent to spend some time together that involved no therapy, no homework and no worries about autism or SPD!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Click here for more posts about family life.


5 comments:

Lizbeth said...

I love it!! And isn't amazing how they become more themselves (for lack of a better term) when all the stressors are removed? Makes me realize how much they have to deal with at school and how much they really need breaks like this. Well done mama!!!

Lisa Quinones Fontanez said...

GREAT POST! I love the photos and it looks like a great time was had by all :) You ALL deserved a break!

And when you figure out how to make your dollars stretch, let me know. I'm kind of stressed about that too.

Spectrummy Mummy said...

I have to admit, I miss the pumpkin patch- it is such a sensory delight for my little seeker. Sounds like it is for your little ones too. Exploring a new place is always good for my family too, which is a very good thing considering our circumstances. :)

EmilyAsh2010 said...

I just came over from the BoB to check out your post! I LOVE your graphics! Precious children and what seems like a great time! Thanks for sharing! -Emily Ash of Where's Erma? www.whereserma.com

Colin Webb said...

Great post. There is nothing better than getting away from the stress of it all and taking the family to a fun place. Life is too short and stressful and taking time like you did with your family leaves lasting memories. Thanks for sharing.