Thursday, April 28, 2011

public enemy number 1

Tonight I decided that Charlotte should try sleeping without a diaper on. She is completely potty trained, but we have been too lazy to bother trying to get her to stay dry through the night. In preparation for sleep, I asked her to sit on the toilet and try to pee.

Charlotte had a fit. Apparently, this was the dumbest idea ever.

She screamed that she wanted her father, that she didn't want to pee.

I finally convinced her (after many threats) to sit on the toilet and she shut the door behind her. She wanted nothing to do with me.

Unbeknownst to her, I stood outside the bathroom door to ascertain whether she actually voided her bladder.

This is what I heard:
"Mommy is so mean. I don't want to pee. I don't like mommy. I want daddy."

Then came crying:
"I didn't pee! No pee is coming out of my butt!" Sob, sob, sob.

I'm thinking maybe if she has an anatomy lesson, this potty training thing might go smoother. Something to consider.

6 comments:

MommyToTwoBoys said...

You are such a mean mommy! Making her pee before bed? The torture!

I am not even considering doing the nighttime thing until Jaylen is about 12. Potty training was so intensely stressful and drawn out with him, that I don't care. He can wear a pull-up to bed until college if he wants.

This unfortunately means I have no patience to potty train my 2 year old, who may stay in diapers till he is in college also...

Heather said...

I'm the meanest mommy ever but not because of potty training. I won't let my boys have a baby kitten or a baby chicken. I know... call the authorities now!!!

Alysia said...

When you do that anatomy lesson...can you forward me your lesson plan? :)
It took me forever to give up the nighttime diaper safety net. Mostly for me, 'cause I'm lazy that way.

LOVE the new blog look! Very nice!

Lizbeth said...

Let me know how that lesson goes. ;)

I had a lesson with my son and he started telling EVERYONE the right names to all our "parts" and what they did. He was very proud of himself. I Was Mortified.

Casdok said...

How funny!!

Barbara Manatee said...

haha! My youngest is 2 and wants NOTHING to do with potty training. He likes to talk about the potty, flushing, pooping and watching everyone else go...but when its his turn? He freaks out.

Who'd have thought potty training twins while juggling a newborn would be easier than training a single 2 year old....