Friday, April 8, 2011

Creative? Who, Me?

Last month’s issue of O Magazine is dedicated to developing your creativity. My first instinct was to cast aside the magazine and finish reading the SPD book I’m reviewing. After all, I’ve known for years that I’m not the creative type. I can barely draw a stick figure, and my flute playing has always been mediocre at best. I’m not much into decorating my house and my scrapbook layouts often look like they were designed by my children.

I read magazines to entertain myself, not to feel like a failure, which is why I always skip the fashion sections. I was not in the mood for a lesson in creativity. I had a to do list a mile long; adding oil painting to it was not going to happen.

Still, my curiosity got the better of me one morning. The kids were playing nicely together and I actually got to eat my breakfast in peace. Not knowing what to do with myself, I opened the cast aside magazine.

I turned to an article entitled “The Creation Myth” and–though I’m loathe to admit this–I would have to say I had an “Aha moment.”


I'm over at the SPD Blogger Network today, so click here to read more.....

3 comments:

Lizbeth said...

Very nice article---my little one is a spinner--spins on the tire going in circles for hours. Used to creep me out but now I know better and let him get the input he needs.

I'm equally creative. ;)

Ginny Marie said...

ooh, you pulled me in! Have to click your link now...

Lynn said...

Pinatas? Wall-e costumes? Lazy Susan games (which I'm totally stealing BTW)? You are so creative!