Saturday, August 21, 2010

Balloon Fest


Charlotte's favorite balloon by far


Tommy checking out Catfish Pond
I think he was the most excited when the balloons were finally inflated. He kept pointing and mumbling excitedly.



Lemon Shake-up and Funnel Cake:
$10

Admission to Balloon Fest and parking:
$9

Two balloons for Charlotte (because she let go of the first one within 1.7 minutes of purchase):
$6

A crazy gun for Danny that lights up and makes noise (because I am a total pushover):
$8

The smile that lit up Danny's face as he ran around for nearly 2 hours with a group of boys that asked him to join them in their shoot em up/space alien/Star Wars games:
Priceless





Here's Danny with his crazy gun


The great thing about this festival is that the balloons are blown up and assembled in the midst of all the fest goers. Everywhere you look there are hot air balloons.

8 comments:

Sarah said...

What an awesome day Patty---priceless indeed!

The Morgan's said...

This looked like it was alot of fun! Where did the Balloon Fest take place? Glad you all had a great time! I love the last pic of your kiddos in the wagon! They are so cute!

Elizabeth Channel said...

Fun times! What a sweet mom you are to get that gun. I wouldn't even let my child buy a fifty cent gun at a garage sale yesterday.

(It was very, very loud!)

@jencull (jen) said...

What a lovely day. I love the Nemo balloon too!

missykade said...

I would love to have your support in raising awareness for SPD by adding our "A Sensational Celebration" Event that we are hosting for The SPD Foundation button to your blog. Please take a moment to see how are event works and enter our very first Entry for the 30 prizes in 30 days giveaway event. I think our efforts are going to make a HUGE impact on getting the word out there about SPD.

http://lucasjourneyspd.blogspot.com/2010/08/get-your-first-official-entry-into-our.html
Thank you SO much for adding our button if you can : )

Sincerely,

Debbie @
Lucas's Journey with Sensory Processing Disorder

Mrsbear said...

What a cool outing. That's incredible. I don't think there's anything like that around here, that I've heard of. Plus it is just too hot to function outdoors in August. Yuck.

bernthis said...

I loved spending 4 bucks on a small bottle of water at the airport. Definitely not priceless. Is it odd for me to say that I miss Nemo? Yeah, thought so

Ginny Marie said...

How cool! Emmy would have loved the Nemo balloon...she loves him, but can't stand the movie. It's too scary for her!