Monday, July 27, 2009

just when I thought my sanity was returning....

Bil came home this evening with some bad news. As of next week, he is forced to work B shift indefinitely. This means he will leave for work around 2 pm and return around 1 am. Forevermore.

You may remember how well I handled the month of Bil working nights after Tommy was born.

Yeah, it wasn't pretty.

But at least then I knew it was temporary. Now, I don't have that solace.

This is going to wreak havoc on so many things: my ability to get out at night once in a while, Bil's availability to help me get the kids ready for bed, our sleep schedule. It will make it really hard to fulfill my church responsibilities, but most of all, it will mean that Danny will rarely see his dad during the week once school starts.

This is not good. Not good at all.

5 comments:

Denise said...

oh patty....i am SO sorry. Pray for a miracle, friend. And I will too.

a Tonggu Momma said...

I am so, so sorry. Yuck.

Amy Jane said...

Oh, Patty, that completely blows! I am so sorry. Maybe indefinitely won't last too long - we can hope, can't we? As for getting out at night once in a while, you still need to do that, for your sanity. You need to avail yourself of a babysitter and get out! And at least Bil will be around for a few hours in the late morning and early afternoon to help you and give you a break before he leaves for work. And as for Bil not seeing the kids enough, that completely sucks - maybe you guys can try to schedule special time for Bil and the kids to "bond" during the weekends. I know it's going to be really, really hard, but if ever there were two peeps who could rise to the occasion and make the best of it, it's you and Bil! Hang in there, and call me if you need to...

Amy

Amy Jane said...

Oh, also, I hate to even mention this, because I know how important church is to you, but is there any way that you can cut back on your church responsibilities? I think it could be crucial to your sanity, and I can't imagine the other people not understanding. After all, desperate times...

kia (good enough mama) said...

Oh, Patty. I'm so sorry. :( I hope that, somehow, things change soon for the better.