Tuesday, June 16, 2009

what I want right now....

Do you have any idea what I would give for a couple solid hours of time completely my own? Time with absolutely no one to answer to, worry about, provide snacks, discipline, or timeouts for. Time in which I can do whatever I want except for laundry, cleaning, dishes, cooking, and wiping dirty behinds. I want to be able to go out in public without a little girl to scream and embarrass me. I want to go a few hours in which I do not need to constantly ask someone if he/she needs to go to the bathroom. I want to be able to retreat to the solitude of my bedroom without kids following me and demanding to know why I am lying down.

I guess I need a break. Does going grocery shopping alone count? It ain't much, but it's better than nothing.

7 comments:

Mrsbear said...

Been there...live there actually, 24/7. And yes grocery shopping alone does indeed count. Hope you get some alone time soon. :( Shoot, I hope I do too.

Sarah said...

You have just sung the anthem shared across the world. Grocery shopping does count but here's what I recommend---do one more thing that you like---stop at the library and peruse the shelves for example. You deserve that!

goodfountain said...

Grocery shopping counts - just take a really, really long time. Maybe go to one of those grocery stores with a coffee shop in it and sit down and read for a few minutes. Or something!

Shellie said...

To me it counts. Even if I got 2 hours alone to clean, that was awesome when the kids were smaller.

MOM-NOS said...

Ya gotta take what you can get...sad as it is! LOL
I'm right there with you! I feel like if I would go away for a while life would cease to exist at my house....cuz I'm pretty sure that my family cannot function without me!

Elizabeth Channel said...

To me, going to the grocery store alone just doesn't cut it. What I crave is to be alone in my house. I just want the quiet for a time. Of course if I had it all the time I'd be sad...still you do need a break---especially with a newborn...

Kim said...

this is exactly why i miss preschool. i loved those 3 hours to myself.