Monday, March 23, 2009

Monday Mumbers

Just when I thought I would never post again, for lack of anything interesting to say, I read Kia's Monday Mumbers post and thought I would join in the fun. Here they are:

2.5
The most hours of consecutive sleep I have gotten all week.

8
The number of days it has been since I have had more than 2.5 consecutive hours of sleep.

520
The number of newborn diapers I have changed this week.

87,000
The number of hours I have spent with a baby attached to my boob in the last week.

87,000
Number of times I have screeched when Tommy latched on. Yikes! This kid has suction power rivaled only by a Kirby vacuum.

3,000,899,203
The number of times I have snapped at Bil or the kids.

65
The number of times I have broken down crying for no explicable reason--sometimes they have been happy tears and sometimes tears of rage or sadness. Gotta love hormones.

7
Nights I have woken up sweaty. Thanks again, hormones.

20
Pounds I have lost since last week. I knew I should have joined Weight Watchers last Thursday. Imagine the applause I would have garnered at this week's weigh-in.

6
The number of months pregnant I still look.

1
The number of people who have asked me when I am due after Tommy was already here.

36
Loads of laundry I need to do to catch up. Tommy will soon be going naked if I don't get off my duff.

650,999,678,000
Times I have wondered what in the name of everything that is holy have I gotten myself into? Who was I kidding thinking I could handle THREE kids?????

1,999,000,678,463,923
Number of times I have gazed lovingly at my kids and thought how lucky I am to have them.

520
Number of hours I have spent cuddling Tommy and not even feeling guilty about all the chores that are going undone.

10
Number of times in the last 2 days that Charlotte has begged me to wake up Tommy. Apparently, he is just not doing quite enough to entertain her.

1
Number of huge fights I have instigated with Bil this weekend. It was all my fault, but I totally blame the hormones.

8 comments:

Quirky Mom said...

Great list!!!

Also a great reminder of why I don't really want a baby right now. ;)

Give Tommy a snuggle from me, okay?

good enough mama said...

Oh Patty. i was jus thinking recently that I was a wee bit sad that I won't be having any more babies. Thanks for reminding me WHY I won't be having more babies. ;) Seriously though, I remember those days all too well.

I hope things improve SOON and you start getting more sleep. Lack of sleep makes everything seem worse than it is.

Hang in there, friend.

Kia

carrie c. said...

omg!!! thanks for the reminder of what i will be going through...again. WE ARE PREGNANT!!! things will get better. they have to. can't wait to meet your precious new little one.

rainbowmummy said...

LOL, wonderful list, ahhh hormones-heck play it, I still blame mine for everything!!

Elizabeth Channel said...

My, I'm amazed you can craft something so coherent on so little sleep...impressive!

mrsbear said...

I'm with Elizabeth, a clever blog post on such little sleep is a feat. It gets better. But blame the hormones while you still can. ;) So not envying you that latching on thing.

HeatherPride said...

When I had my daughter I could not stop crying for 3 days straight. My mom made an emergency trip up to stay with me. It was awful. I hope your hormones return to normal soon!!

lonestar said...

What a great list!

Unfortunately I can relate to the people who ask when you're due after the baby is born. Ugh.

I love these ones too :)

650,999,678,000
Times I have wondered what in the name of everything that is holy have I gotten myself into? Who was I kidding thinking I could handle THREE kids?????

1,999,000,678,463,923
Number of times I have gazed lovingly at my kids and thought how lucky I am to have them.