Wednesday, January 28, 2009

fishing for compliments

Yesterday, Danny was playing with some letter stickers. He has had this major obsession with stickers lately and has basically gone through almost my entire stash of scrapbooking stickers. He loves peeling them off and sticking them on paper; it seems a waste, since we typically end up tossing all the pages he has decorated, but it keeps him happy and we are all snowbound right now so my peace of mind is worth it.

OK, so Danny stuck a bunch of letter stickers on a paper and said that it was a letter for me. I asked him, "What does it say? Does it say 'my mommy is the best mommy in the whole world'"? (A girl can hope, right?)

Danny got the hugest, most diabolical grin on his face and said (quite loudly), "No. It says, 'my mommy is the biggest belly in the whole world!'"

Apparently he has noticed my burgeoning stomach. I don't know how he could have missed it, actually, for all the times I have knocked him in the head with it. I know he was exaggerating, but he isn't too far off the mark. I am sure there is someone in the world with a stomach larger than my own, but I cannot think of anyone off the top of my head. I have even surpassed my father's beer belly. No small feat, let me tell you!

11 comments:

Kim said...

How cute.

Glad to know I am not the only one a little annoyed at the waste of stickers. I went through that too until I found a sticker book that had thousands of stickers in it for a buck!

a Tonggu Momma said...

The Tongginator tells me all the time that I have bad breath (coffee mouth). Wanna trade my bad breath for your big belly?

Quirky Mom said...

Kim, I need that sticker book! Where, pray tell, did you find it?

Patty, I'll bet I know a 38 week preggo with a bigger belly. At least hers is pretty damn huge. How are you feeling? How much longer have you got?

Amy Jane said...

....and some of us would really love to actually SEE A PICTURE of said belly!

Kia (Good Enough Mama) said...

Sounds exactly like something that would come out of my Little Man's mouth - except that I'm NOT PREGNANT!!! So when are you due again?

lilmomthatcould.com said...

UMMM Patty Uncle G has a "Hunting Belly" :)

Elizabeth Channel said...

"Burgeoning." Such a great word!

At least he puts the stickers on paper. They are the dickens to remove from flat builder paint!

~ April ~ said...

I get told at least once a week thatI have a squishy belly. >.<

But huge bellies, followed by squishy ones, are definitely worth it. :)

beckbot said...

It's better than Meanest Mom in the World...

mrsbear said...

At least your expanding belly is a temporary feature. Kids can be so brutally honest it hurts. How far along are you now? And do you know what you're having? I had a delightful exchange the other day with a woman who wanted to know what I was having, except I'm not having anything except lunch right now...

bernthis said...

Leave it to a child to tell point out your "weak spots". Killer. I don't ever ask them questions b/c I know I'm going to hear it