Thursday, September 4, 2008

so what does this mean?

So Danny has gotten much better about going to school. Gone (hopefully!) are the days where he physically has to be dragged into school. Now, he tells me that he will go in by himself. The problem is, there is still some sniffling going on, which is understandable. The troubling part is the daily dialogue we have, which goes something like this:

Me: Danny, are you ok, sweetie?
Danny: (sniffling loudly) Yes, momma, I am ok.
Me: Are you sad?
Danny: No, momma, I am NOT sad. Actually, I am happy.
Me: Are you scared?
Danny: No, I am happy (sniffle, sniffle)

He just keeps repeating in a mournful tone how happy he is to go to school. What is up with that? Does he say that because he thinks that is what I want to hear? Is someone brainwashing him in school? I don't want him to think he can't share his true feelings with me.

Could he possibly be being sarcastic? It definitely runs in the family.... I am perplexed by this turn of events, but at least I am not sobbing on the way home anymore, so I guess I should just let it go.

6 comments:

kia (good enough mama) said...

Ohmigosh, I sooooo get what you're saying here! Our woes at school are catapulting themselves into the unknown, as we speak, and I could really use a shoulder to sob on. You don't mind, do you?

I was questioning Little Man this afternoon about his school problems. Every time I asked him a question, he'd answer with, "I can't tell you. You'll laugh." Poor little soul. I feel like there's so much going on in his little heart right now, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to help him with it...

It sounds like you're going through a similar deal. Being a mom is so freaking hard, huh?

Stonefox (otherwise known as Heidi) said...

I agree with Kia- parenting is TOUGH. Hang in there, it sounds like it is getting better, and there could be a break-through right around the corner (a good one, that is!).

mrsbear said...

Poor guy, it's impossible to know what's going on in his little head, or the pressure he might be putting himself under. He's trying to be tough. Just keep your ears open, sometimes the truth tumbles out when they're at their most relaxed. I hope it gets easier for both of you.

Patty O. said...

Thanks for the comments and support. I think it will all be fine, but man, wouldn't you just love to be able to read their minds sometimes?

Casdok said...

Yes! Would love to get inside their heads!
Hope this phase dosnt last too long for you both.

Susan said...

Maybe there is just a lil fear there. Time might resolve it!