Bil and I have been throwing around the idea of moving, mostly in order to live closer to some better qualified OTs for Danny. For some people, it may seem like a no-brainer, but I am struggling with this decision and figuring out what is best for my family. Obviously, I want more access to better therapy. That really is on the top of my list, but I also have to consider finding a school district that is as supportive as the one we are now in. Factor in that we will need to find a place that has a pretty low cost of living since I still plan on staying at home and things get more complicated.
I also worry about uprooting my kids and to be honest, myself. I feel like after 5 years here, I finally have a couple of really good friends here and I so hate to give that up. I am scared of how long it will take to find friends in a new town. Plus, my kids have friends here, too.
I won't bore you with all my fears and my list of pros and cons. I guess my question is, how do you sift through it all and arrive at a reasonably sound decision? I have prayed about it, but feel at this point, like I don't have enough information to make a choice. I mean, Bil has been contacted by a head hunter in Wisconsin, but so far the companies she contacted have not made any interview appointments with Bil yet.
Does anyone want to share with me their experience with these sorts of decisions? Sometimes I miss the days when I was single--making decisions then was so much less fraught with anxiety. I had only myself to worry about. It was only my life I could screw up, no one else's. I am sure we will work this out, but I am curious whether anyone has any advice.