Monday, September 1, 2008

cool awards

Lately, I have actually received a couple of blog awards from some friends. I haven't posted any of them, because I wasn't sure how to get the icon on my site and I was a bit overwhelmed with school starting for Danny, etc. And if the truth be told, I guess I don't really feel all that deserving. I mean, I just write about my feelings, which are rarely profound. Also, some of the awards mandated that I nominate 7 blogs and I couldn't come up with 7 without awarding the same people who awarded me and who had already been awarded the same prize. Does that make sense?

But, Elizabeth from Three Channels had given me another award and has threatened bodily harm if I don't post it. Just kidding--no bodily harm was even mentioned. But, I thought I would go ahead and put it up. It's kind of fun to get awards, after all.... I am not used to it, having rarely won any in school.

Here are the suggestions for the recipients of the awards:

1. The winner can put the logo on his/her blog.

2. Link the person you received your award from.

3. Nominate at least 7 other blogs.

4. Put links of those blogs on yours.

5. Leave a message on the blogs of the people you’ve nominated.6. Enjoy your award!

So, here are my nominees. Yes, I know that some of these wonderful bloggers have just received this very same award, but these are the blogs I love, so I am making up my own rules.

1--Beckbot from My Shore

I have been friends with beckbot for more than 10 years when we met in Hong Kong. She has helped me through many challenges and has seen me at my absolute worst (including a really ugly incident involving a Chinese kid running me over with his bike). Hers is the first blog I ever visited and it was after reading her blog that I decided to try my hand at blogging. What I most love about her blog, besides the really good writing and wonderful wit is the variety of topics that she writes about. Reading her blog has really broadened my horizon: it has introduced me to new writers, artists, singers, and "The Office" (for which I will forever be grateful!).

2--Amy from There's a Salamander in My Slipper

What I especially love about Amy's blog is her superb vocabulary and that I feel like I am sitting down chatting with her when I read her posts. Amy and I became friends when she lived in my town and we attended a parenting class together. Sadly, within 5 months Amy moved to Missouri when her husband was transferred by the Army. Reading her blog makes me feel like I am still a part of her life. And it makes me laugh. Another major reason I enjoy it, is she has been chronicling her weight loss, which has reached about 50 pounds, last I checked. What an inspiration.

3--The Caked Crusader

I stumbled upon this blog when I discovered the fascinating world of food blogs. I couldn't resist checking out a blog devoted to cakes. I mean, really, who doesn't love cake? Along with amazing photos and recipes, this blog is also full of humor. The Crusader has recently started her own award, the CAFTA (Cake’s Achievement in Film and Television Arts) which she bestows on any movie in which cake plays a role. Check her out. You will laugh and drool over all the cakes.

4--Susan from Lil Mom That Could

Susan happens to be my first cousin's daughter, so I don't know if that makes us second cousins once removed or what. Doesn't matter, I just consider her my cousin. We reconnected a couple of years ago when her son was just diagnosed with SPD (Sensory Processing Disorder), which is what Danny has as well. Susan's blog is really entertaining and full of lots of great tips for kids, like craft ideas and sensory diet activities.

5--Kia from Good Enough Mama

Kia is a friend I discovered through Susan's blog and I am so grateful. She also has a son with SPD and I sometimes feel like we are living the same life, only unfortunately she is far away in Canada. I would so love to have her over for cake and herbal tea and let our two boys play. I have a feeling that we would hit it off as much as our two sons would. Oh well, I will have to settle for reading her highly entertaining and incredibly authentic blog instead.

6--Three Channels

Yes, this is the same Elizabeth who has nominated me, so I don't know if I am breaking the rules here, but rules are meant to be broken, right? This blog is so funny. Elizabeth is the mom I wish I could be if I had more energy and was a lot more laid back. Her kids are incredibly precocious and the stories she shares just crack me up.


7--Stone Fox from Moms, Ministry and More

Stone Fox is someone I admire tremendously, even though I have never actually met her. She lives in Asia with her three children, two of whom are under 2! She recently adopted a daughter from China. I love that she is open with her faith as well. Her comments on my blog have really given me peace of mind and reminded me that I should be praying more. Thanks, Stone Fox!





5 comments:

kia (good enough mama) said...

You're awesome! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! :)

mrsbear said...

Yay, congrats on the award. Those are always fun to receive.

Susan said...

Thank you!!!:)

Stonefox (otherwise known as Heidi) said...

Patty, you definitely deserve the award. Your blog is heartfelt and engaging, one I enjoy reading. So Congratulations!

And wow, I am definitely honored to be a recipient. Thank you, you have really made me smile!

The Caked Crusader said...

Congrats on the award - you deserve it

Thanks for the award and your kind words - I am blushing.
Glad you enjoy my exploits