Friday, August 8, 2008

We Are The Care Bears, la, la, la, la, la!!!

Yes, I have completely lost it. The kids are totally addicted to the new Care Bears and I cannot get that obnoxious song out of my head. For any of you who have not seen a recent Care Bears video, things have changed since the 80s. They have gotten hipper, more politically correct. There is now an Amigo Bear who speaks Spanglish, there's an Ooopsy Bear, who is really clumsy. My favorite is still Grumpy Bear, but that's just me.

Because I have nothing more intellectually stimulating to think about, I have been thinking of new Care Bears to add to the list. Here are some of my ideas. Tell me what you think.

** Hormonal Bear. It would definitely be female and on her tummy I think there would have to be some chocolate and a frowning face that is crying....

** Road Rage Bear. This one carries a steering wheel and has a car and expletive signs all over his belly, like this: *&%$#.

** Compulsive Eater Bear. Defintely has some kind of food on her stomach, ice cream cone, perhaps?
** Stinky Bear. This one is most assuredly male! On his belly badge I think there would be a bar of soap (or stick of deoderant) that is crossed out. Yeah, that sounds good.

Well, these are turning out to sound even more cynical than I had anticipated. I do not mean to besmirch the name of Care Bear. Not at all. I have high regard for those bears who care. They have been keeping my kids entertained for months now. Even when the kiddos are not watching the shows, they are acting them out. Just today, Charlotte said she was Grumpy Bear and when I said I was Funshine, Danny said no, actually I am Grizzle, the really bad, meany pants villain. So that is where I stand in my house.

4 comments:

The Caked Crusader said...

some of your suggestions sound like "Don't Care Bears" the Care Bear's natural nemeses! I know what side I'll be on come the big fight!

Elizabeth Channel said...

OK, I am so, so thankful my children know nothing of these bears!

I need to find a way to keep it that way. The Webkin craze has finally died down over here and I need a break.

Very funny! If I had any graphics ability whatsoever I think it would be fun to mock up the bears you suggestions and post them with your ideas.

But, as you can see, I have absolutely no graphics ability whatsoever.

Have a great day!

kia (good enough mama) said...

What about Stay At Home Mama Bear? She'll have a pic of a martini and a diaper on her belly. She should be cross-eyed and wearing puke-stained clothing that doesn't match. Oh, and "mom shoes."

Kari said...

This is so hilarious! My daughter has been watching the Care bear DVD's for over 5 years now. I'm getting a DVD for the car soon and let me tell you the Care Bears will be a car DVD soon. Can you say Headphones!