Saturday, April 26, 2008

2 Very Important Lessons I Learned While Demolishing Our Deck or Why I Could Never Work in Construction

Lesson #1:
Never, ever puncture your hand with a rusty nail.

Lesson #2
If you insist on puncturing your hand with a rusty nail, have the foresight to update your tetanus shot BEFORE stabbing yourself in the hand. Otherwise, you will not only have a throbbing, searingly painful hand at the puncture site (and radiating out towards wrist and forearm), but will have a throbbing upper arm at hypodermic needle puncture site. And you will have spent precious time at a Prompt Care facility on a Saturday having to explain to a nurse why you haven't had a tetanus shot in 14 years.

1 comment:

Amy Jane said...

Oh, Patty! That's awful. It's funny - I injured myself this weekend, too, though I think yours is far worse. I actually burned my chest on the oven! How did I do this, you ask? Well, I had pulled the door open partway and was bent over, peering into the oven, when I accidentally touched my chest to the top edge of the door. I have a very angry, blistered burn across my chest. Lovely. But I can't believe you punctured your hand with a nail! That sounds just terrible. I'm so sorry. I hope you're feeling better today and aren't in too much pain. You know, I haven't ever updated my tetanus shot either - perhaps I should! Was it at least your left hand? Maybe you should post a picture on your blog! :)