Friday, December 21, 2007

the gin blossoms

So, I got the most surprising phone call yesterday afternoon. One of the owners of the Firefly Grill (my favorite restaurant in town) called to tell me I had won tickets to see the Gin Blossoms in concert. Along with the tickets, I won a free 5-course dinner at the Firefly and backstage passes. I couldn't believe it because 1) I never win anything and 2) I hadn't even entered the drawing!! However, I soon discovered that Bil had filled out slips for him and I.

So, tonight, my husband and I are going to enjoy a delicious meal at the best restaurant (and one of the priciest, as well) in town and a cool concert. It's funny, because I wouldn't consider myself a huge Gin Blossoms fan, but last night when I looked up their music online, I realized I actually know quite a bit of their music. So, it should be really fun. And just in time for my birthday and wedding anniversary (both on the same day)!

1 comment:

Amy Jane said...

Wow! Congratulations. I'll admit that I'm a bit jealous, because I never, ever win anything. But, I couldn't think of a more deserving chica to win a faboo night on the town with her hubby. I'll have to live vicariously through you and imagine your sumptuous meal at Firefly. I only got to eat there the one time, and it was amazing! I really do need to visit again, so that we can eat there. Post again and let us know how everything went! Enjoy...