Wednesday, December 5, 2007

curb carb cravings!

I had the brilliant idea tonight of making biscuits for dinner and having Danny help me. He had helped me make pizza earlier in the week and so thoroughly enjoyed himself, I thought biscuits would be fun. And it was. Danny got the hugest kick out of rolling out the dough and using cookie cutters to make biscuits shaped like hearts and pumpkins (I need to expand my repertoire of cookie cutter shapes). At one point, Danny turned to me and said, "Mommy, leave." He wanted to work on his own and not one to thwart a child's independence (OK, I am one to thwart my kid's independence, but he so vehemently demanded that I leave him alone to his biscuit making, I had to aquiesce) I went to do some dishes. When I turned back, Danny had taken all the biscuits we had already cut out and smooshed them back into the big ball of dough. We were getting nowhere.

At that point, I stepped in and made some more biscuits whereupon Danny took his ball of dough, put it in my hair and said, "Mommy, let's make a hat!" Needless to say, we had fewer biscuits for dinner than I had planned on.

1 comment:

Amy Jane said...

Oh, what a funny tale! Patty, you made my day...

Amy