Friday, December 14, 2007

bah humbug!

I have found the easiest antidote to Christmas cheer. Go to Wal-Mart on a very busy Friday morning with a crabby two year old! People were everywhere and everyone was getting in my way or blocking an aisle. I just wanted to scream, "Let me get the toilet bowl cleaner and I will be out of here. Can't you see I have a whiny child?" Wow, everything was getting on my nerves, especially the woman behind me in line, who was literally breathing down my back and would not give me any room in which to unload my cart. There were major personal space issues going on there. It was driving me crazy. She kept bumping into me and as soon as I moved to unload one side of the cart, she scooted up, so that I could not get back around my cart. It was way bizarre.

It took me the better part of the morning listening to Christmas music to cheer up. I tell you, I really think PMS should take a hiatus during the holidays. It only seems fair that we get a break at Christmas time......

2 comments:

beckbot said...

oh, man, I HATE Walmart. I've only had to go there one time this Christmas season, thank goodness. I can't believe that pushy woman! Kinda reminds you of the subway in Hong Kong, huh?

Patty O. said...

Yes! It was so like the subway in HK. Unfortunately, Wal-Mart is one of our only stores here in town, so I am forced to patronize it weekly. Well, I guess "forced" is too strong of a word, but if I want decent deals, WM is the place to go...