Sunday, September 2, 2007

Good, good, good, good vibrations!!!


She's givin' me good vibrations! She's givin' me excitations (whatever that word means. Bil reminded me of poetic license when I said it wasn't a real word) !


I can't get this song out of my mind. Bil and I just got back from Chicago where we took my mom to see the Beach Boys at Ravinia (an outdoor concert arena that is amazingly beautiful and fun to attend). I was surprised at how many of their songs I recognized and could sing. It was really a lot of fun. There were many people dancing under the stars and ok, many of them were older and lacked rhythm, but were fun to watch nonetheless.


Overall, the weekend was really nice, if a bit exhausting. Saturday we took the kids and my brother's girlfriend, Agnieszka, on a 15-mile bike ride on a beautiful bike trail in the suburbs. I also participated in a 5K walk with my sister and other family members to benefit a group against drunk driving. That added to the fact that my beloved children did not sleep well, has contributed to the exhaution factor of the weekend. Friday night I made the mistake of sleeping with Danimal and repeatedly woke with his foot in my face. I finally wised up and moved to the couch.
I guess that ends my ramblings for today. We need to get the kids in bed, so we can collapse.

2 comments:

beckbot said...

No way! I would love to see the Beach Boys. I've been on a serious B-boys retrospective kick for about 2 years. Their Endless Summer CD is giving off good vibrations on a regular basis in the car with the kids. Ba-ba-ba Ba-ba-ba-ran is our favorite. Sounds like you had a great weekend; I'm envious. Ours included the stomach flu and Evan falling through the ceiling while working in the attic. :(

Amy Jane said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend! I'm so in awe of your honkin' bike ride and walk. You've really become an exercise guru, haven't you? I can only aspire to achieve your greatness someday. Sigh. I totally love the Beach Boys, too. Your post makes me think that I should get a greatest hits CD. One of my faves is "Fun, Fun, Fun." You can't beat a classic like that! :) Love you...
Amy