Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Save the Environment!!!


I don't do nearly as much as I should with regards to environmentalism. I really try, but there are so many more things I could probably be doing. Which is why I was so excited to find the website http://www.envirosax.com/, where you can buy polyester totes, each of which can hold two bags of groceries. They are really sturdy AND washable. The designs are really, really cute and at about $7 a bag, they are pretty darn affordable, especially when you think of how using them instead of plastic bags helps the environment. Read these facts and see what you think:

Plastic bags create pollution and kill wildlife in the USA every day of the year.
Single use plastic bags made of HDPE remain in the environment for up to approx. 1,000 years.
Over 100,000 birds, whales, seals and turtles worldwide are killed by plastic rubbish every year.

I bought a set of 5 bags today and plan on using them for all my groceries from now on. According to the website, they are lightweight and can easily fit into your glove compartment.

1 comment:

Patty O. said...

if you do happen to purchase these bags, be prepared to wait a bit of time. Maybe it is because they are coming from Australia...