Thursday, July 5, 2007

There are roaches in my son's bed

The roaches, luckily, are plastic, but despite that, they always shock me a bit when I see them. I bought a big bag of plastic bugs around Halloween for a party game and they have been entertaining my son ever since. It is amazing to me how the simplest of things can keep kids entertained. Thank goodness that is true, since I am not one of those moms who is good at coming up with cool crafts for the kids to do on a rainy day. Instead, we build forts out of the couch cushions or jump on the bed. Or notably, get into a butter fight with the kids. Long story, but let me ask you, what would YOU do if your almost-four year old came up and placed in your hand a huge glob of softened butter? Suffice it to say that Danny and my bedsheets both smelled like butter until bath and laundry were completed.

3 comments:

Amy Jane said...

Hey, lady! I'll be reading...maybe someday I'll start my own.
Amy

Amy Jane said...

Oh...by the way - you asked what I would do if Nick came up and placed a glob of soft butter in my hand. I would immediately freak out, ask him where he got it, throw it away, and wash his hands! But then, that's the difference between me and normal people. :)

beckbot said...

We have a butter thing in our house, too. It's apparently the 5th food group, best licked off of fingers or (shockingly) straight out of the tub, as in tongue-in-the-tub. Ick.